We’re always on the lookout for new experiences we can share with our pets, so we were intrigued last week when a photo of a pup at a hockey game popped up in Instagram. After doing a little sniffing, we realized that many minor league hockey teams have “Pucks and Paws” games where dogs are welcome! We dug right in and gathered as many as we could find for the 2017-2018 season, but you may know of others – so please let us know in the comments and we’ll add them to the list!
Dog Friendly Hockey Games – 2017/2018 Season
- Indianapolis, IN – Saturday, November 4 – Fuel vs. the Wheeling Nailers
- Salt Lake City, UT – Saturday, November 18 – Grizzlies vs. the Colorado Eagles
- Wheeling, WV – Sunday, December 3 – Nailers vs. the Fort Wayne Komets
- Toledo, OH – Sunday, December 17 – Walleye vs. the Kalamazoo Wings
- Human tickets are $17, and the proceeds from the $5 dog tickets benefits local charities. All dogs in attendance will receive a special prize.
- Binghamton, NY – Saturday, January 6 – Devils vs. the Laval Rocket
- Madison, WI – Saturday, February 3 – Capitols vs. Team USA
- Kalamazoo, MI – Sunday, February 11 – Wings vs. the Indy Fuel
- Tickets for dogs are $5 and are available only at the Box Office. Proceeds will benefit the Animal Rescue Project.
- Norfolk, VA – Friday, February 16 – Admirals vs. the Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Bridgeport, CT – Sunday, March 11 – Sound Tigers vs. the Springfield Thunderbirds
- Greenville, SC – Saturday, March 24 – Swamp Rabbits vs. Jacksonville Ice Men
- Rochester, NY – Saturday, March 24 Americans vs. the Springfield Thunderbirds
- Dogs will receive a special giveaway prize
- Milwaukee, WI – Sunday, March 25 – Admirals vs. the Iowa Wild
- Human tickets start at $13 and dog tickets are $2
- Toledo, OH – Sunday, March 25 – Walleye vs. the Kalamazoo Wings
- Human tickets are $17, and the proceeds of the $5 dog tickets will benefit Lucas County Canine & Control and Toledo Area Humane Society. All dogs in attendance will receive a special prize.
- Springfield, MA – Saturday, March 31 – Thunderbirds vs. the Utica Comets
- Dogs and their people will be seated in a special dog section to watch the game. Human tickets start at $10.
- Charlotte, NC – Sunday, April 8 – Checkers vs. the Hershey Bears
Each stadium has its own requirements for proof of vaccinations, weight limits, and other particulars, so be sure to visit the website or call the ticket office to confirm the details in advance and enjoy the game!
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure: GoPetFriendly.com LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this site earns a commission from qualifying purchases.