It doesn’t seem possible. But I checked the calendar, and this really is the Fourth Annual Pet Blogger Challenge! Once again, on January 10th, all pet bloggers are invited to join this inspiring community event.
With 2014 just around the corner, it’s time to see how far we’ve come and make some plans for where we’re going. Last year’s blog hop was tremendous, with 98 blog writers sharing their thoughts and ideas – I learned a ton. This year, my partner-in-crime and co-host, Edie Jarolim from Will My Dog Hate Me is back, and we’re looking forward to another lively and enlightening affair.
We just got to know each other a little better with the Meet the Bloggers hop – now let’s take a few minutes to encourage, motivate, and support our friends. We’ll celebrate the successes of 2013, share what we’ve learned this year, and outline our visions for our blogs in 2014!
Pet Blogger Challenge 2014
Participating is easy … just answer the following questions about your blog and publish the answers on January 10th. A Linky list will be available here on Take Paws that morning at 12:01am, so we’ll be able to find each others posts easily.
And now, without further ado, here are the questions for Pet Blogger Challenge 2014:
1. How long have you been blogging? Please tell us why you started blogging, and, for anyone stopping by for the first time, give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
2. Name one thing about your blog, or one blogging goal that you accomplished during 2013, that made you most proud.
3. When you look at the post you wrote for last year’s Pet Blogger Challenge, or just think back over the past year, what about blogging has changed the most for you?
4. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own sites?
If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
5. What have you found to be the best ways to bring more traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
6. How much time to do you spend publicizing your blog, and do you think you should spend more or less in the coming year?
7. How do you gauge whether or not what you’re writing is appealing to your audience?
How do you know when it’s time to let go of a feature or theme that you’ve been writing about for a while?
8. When you’re visiting other blogs, what inspires you to comment on a post rather than just reading and moving on?
9. Do you do product reviews and/or giveaways?
If so, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all?
If not, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
10. When writer’s block strikes and you’re feeling dog-tired, how do you recharge?
11. Have you ever taken a break from your blog? How did that go?
Have you ever thought about quitting your blog altogether? What makes you stay?
12. What goals do you have for your blog in 2014?
The big day is less than two weeks away! If you have any questions or need a little help, don’t be afraid to ask – building camaraderie is what the Pet Blogger Challenge is all about! And, as always, your help in spreading the word is much appreciated. Please tell your friends and share the badge on your blog.
Pet Blogger Challenge Badge Code:<a href="https://www.gopetfriendly.com/blog/fourth-annual-pet-blogger-challenge-january-10th/" target="_blank"> <img src="https://www.gopetfriendly.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PBC.jpg" alt="Pet Blogger Challenge Jan. 10" border="0" />
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure: GoPetFriendly.com LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, audible.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this site earns a commission from qualifying purchases.