Chenango Valley State Park is an ice age wonder. Its two kettle lakes, Lily and Chenango, were created when the last glacier retreated and left behind huge chunks of buried ice which melted to form the lakes and bog. Birdwatchers may glimpse woodpeckers, nut hatches, warblers and thrushes along woodland trails and herons, ducks and kingfishers lakeside. Fishermen will find trout, bass, perch and bullhead in Chenango Lake. Campers can choose from among 184 campsites and 24 cabins and golfers will appreciate the 18-hole Chenango Valley State Park Golf Course (pro shop can be reached by calling: 607-648-9700). Sledding and cross-country ski trails attract visitors in winter.
Household pets only, caged or on a leash not more than 6 feet. Not allowed in bathing areas. Only two pets allowed per camping site.
Pet policies change frequently, and management does not always let us know. Before you make a reservation or visit an establishment listed on GoPetFriendly, please contact them to verify their pet policy will meet your needs. If you find that an establishment has changed its policy, please Update Policy and we will update their listing.
- Additional Pet Fees: None
- Max Pets per Site: 2
- Max Pet Size: None
- Restricted Breeds: Household pets only
- Off-leash Area: No
- Other Pet Amenities: None
- Pet Policy: Only 2 pets per site are permitted. Current rabies certificate required. Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6ft at all times.
- Camping Fee: $15 base fee + $9 reservation fee per night; add'l fees for amenities, cabins, and out of state campers
- # of Sites: 182 campsites + 24 pet friendly cabins
- Full Hook-ups: None
- Elecric Hookups: 54
- Drive-Throughs: None
- Max Rig Size: 50
- Tents Allowed: Yes
- WiFi: No
- Laundry: No
- Restaurant: No
- Swimming Pool: Yes; Pets not allowed;
- Beach: No
- Showers: Yes
- Open Dates: May 13 - October 9