Buttermilk Falls State Park takes its name from the foaming cascade formed by Buttermilk Creek as it flows down the steep valley side toward Cayuga Lake. The upper park has a small lake; hiking trails through woodlands and along the gorge and rim; picnic areas; and playing fields. The lower park has a campground, stream fed water fall, and playing fields, beyond which is Larch Meadows. Larch Meadows is a moist, shady glen and wetland area, through which a nature trail winds. Park activities, including tours through Buttermilk gorge, are offered weekly from July 4th through Labor Day.
Pet policies change frequently, and management does not always let us know. Before you make a reservation or visit an establishment listed on GoPetFriendly, please contact them to verify their pet policy will meet your needs. If you find that an establishment has changed its policy, please Update Policy and we will update their listing.
- Additional Pet Fees: None
- Max Pets per Site: 2
- Max Pet Size: None
- Restricted Breeds: Household pets only
- Off-leash Area: No
- Other Pet Amenities: None
- Pet Policy: Only 2 pets per site are permitted. Current rabies certificate required. Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6ft at all times.
- Camping Fee: $15 base fee + $9 reservation fee per night; add'l fees for amenities and out of state campers
- # of Sites: 45 + 6 pet friendly cabins
- Full Hook-ups: None
- Elecric Hookups: None
- Drive-Throughs: None
- Max Rig Size: 20 feet
- Tents Allowed: Yes
- WiFi: No
- Laundry: No
- Restaurant: No
- Swimming Pool: Yes; Pets not allowed
- Beach: No
- Showers: Yes
- Open Dates: May 20 - October 9