Bowman Lake State Park is a remote sylvan retreat known as "a camper's paradise." Scenic park roads wind through evergreen and hardwood forests to shady campsites. There is a sandy lakefront for swimmers and sunbathers with several picnic areas nearby. The lake is regularly stocked with trout, and birdwatchers can spot as many as 103 species of birds. Campsites are excellent for small RVs and tents with many sites separated from each other by trees and shrubs for added privacy.
In winter, snowmobilers and cross-country skiers enjoy outstanding scenery on eight miles of designated trails.
Pet policies change frequently, and management does not always let us know. Before you make a reservation or visit an establishment listed on GoPetFriendly, please contact them to verify their pet policy will meet your needs. If you find that an establishment has changed its policy, please Update Policy and we will update their listing.
- Additional Pet Fees: None
- Max Pets per Site: 2
- Max Pet Size: None
- Restricted Breeds: Household pets only
- Off-leash Area: No
- Other Pet Amenities:
- Pet Policy: Household pets only; caged or on a leash not more than 6 feet. Not allowed in bathing areas. For campers, if your site allows pets, there is a two-pet maximum.
- Camping Fee: $15 base fee + $9 reservation fee per night; add'l fees for amenities and out of state campers
- # of Sites: 168
- Full Hook-ups: None
- Elecric Hookups: None
- Drive-Throughs: 2
- Max Rig Size:
- Tents Allowed: Yes
- WiFi: No
- Laundry: No
- Restaurant: No
- Swimming Pool: Yes; Pets not allowed
- Beach: Yes; Pets not allowed
- Showers: Yes
- Open Dates: May 13 - October 9