The OUT Hotel has created the city’s first Dog House Suites, which not only accommodate the pet’s needs in these special rooms, but also offer access to private, outdoor courtyards, as well as numerous concierge services and options. The urban resort’s new Dog House Suites, which are also equipped with dog-cams so guests may monitor their pets remotely, start at $349 per night and will begin being offered on August 26, 2014 in honor of National Dog Day.
Hospitality offerings for animals is the fastest growing sector in the travel market and, according to the American Pet Products Association, Americans are expected to spend over $58 billion on their pets in 2014. “We wanted to create a unique experience for both our guests and their pets, who will have access to both indoor and outdoor spaces when staying in our Dog House Suites, explained Stephen Westman, General Manager of The OUT Hotel. “We pride ourselves on delivering unique experiences to all of our guests and wanted to go far beyond just ‘pet-friendly.’ To do that, we’ve created specially appointed suites, which offer a private, safely enclosed, outdoor space that is accessible exclusively to them, no leash required. It’s a little oasis for dogs and their people in the midst of Manhattan.”
Guests can choose from a wide range of catered offerings for their pets, like a special dog menu, VIP treatments and concierge services such as dog walkers, pet sitters, and even grooming services.
The OUT Hotel’s new Dog House Suites are chock-full of fun items for Fido including:
1) Pint-sized pet door in each room that leads to a private courtyard;
2) Outdoor enclosed space with dog house, faux fire hydrant, and human seating for pet “parents”;
3) Soft, squeaky, stretchy, bouncy, and fun-filled interactive toys for doggy guests;
4) A Dog-Cam so guests can keep an eye on their dog whenever they are not in the room remotely;
5) Doggy beds, comfortable cushions, water and food bowls, and overflowing cookie jar filled w/ healthy treats;
6) Experienced dog walker to take pets out for exercise and necessities throughout the day
7) Pet ‘sitters’ to be available with pet when they are alone;
8) Ability to arrange for car service, limos, and taxis that accommodate dogs.
For further information on The OUT Hotel, please visit www.theoutnyc.com.
Pet policies change frequently, and management does not always let us know. Before you make a reservation or visit an establishment listed on GoPetFriendly, please contact them to verify their pet policy will meet your needs. If you find that an establishment has changed its policy, please Update Policy and we will update their listing.
- Cats Allowed: Yes
- Other pets Allow - small mammals, birds, reptiles, other: No
- Fees: $150.00 per pet
- Type of Fee: One-time charge
- Other Charges: If you leave a pet in the room not crated, use the DND sign.
- Pets Allowed in Smoking Rooms Only: No
- Max # Pets Allowed Room: 1
- Size Limitation: 25 lbs.
- Leave Pets Unattended: Yes
- Crate Required for Unattended Pets: Yes
- Pets allowed at Bar/Restaurant: No