New documents revealed exciting news for Disney-loving pet owners. Disney Vacation Club is planning its first pet friendly destination at the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground in Orlando, Florida!
Documents filed by Disney Vacation Club with the Orange County comptroller in Florida over the holidays reveal new information about the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. What caught our attention is that the project will be pet friendly, making this the first Disney Vacation Club destination to welcome pets!
Pet Policy At The Cabins At Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Opening in mid-2024, the Cabins at Fort Wilderness will allow up to two dogs per cabin with no stated weight limit. Pups that plan to stay at the resort must follow these rules:
- Dogs must be “fully trained and are not allowed on furniture anywhere on the Resort Property.”
- When outside of a cabin, dogs must be accompanied at all times and either within a carrier or restrained with a leash.
- Dogs cannot go in food and beverage locations, lounges, pools and other recreation areas.
- Owners cannot leave pets unattended for more than 7 hours.
- Guests with dogs must contact housekeeping to schedule a room cleaning time when the animals will not be present.
- Owners must use door hangers on cabins where dogs are present.
READ MORE ⇒ Planning A Pet Friendly Road Trip
In addition, Disney reserves the right to evict a dog if it disrupts other guests:
“Dogs cannot disrupt the quiet enjoyment of other guests. If Management Company, in its discretion, determines that a dog’s behavior is objectionable to other guests or creates a disturbance, the responsible Owner, lessee, guest, invitee, licensee, or exchanger must immediately remove the dog from the Resort Property and arrange for the dog to be housed outside of the Resort Property at such user’s sole expense.”
Additional Pet Fees
The stated pet fee for the pet friendly Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is $30 per night for owners and $50 per night for “lessees, guests, invitees, licensees and exchangers.” Of course, those fees are subject to change in the future.
Pet Friendly Policy Not Guaranteed
Disney Vacation Club also stated that their pet friendly policy could change. They concluding that individuals “should not purchase a Vacation Ownership Interest in reliance on the continued ability to bring dogs onto the Resort Property.”
Other Pet Friendly Accommodations At Walt Disney World
There are three dog friendly resorts at Walt Disney World available to guests who do not belong to Disney Vacation Club. They are Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.
Currently, dogs are the only types of pets allowed at Disney’s resorts. But Walt Disney World does offer pet boarding and daycare facilities at Best Friends Pet Hotel.
Other Pet Friendly Things To Do In Florida
Planning a trip to Florida and looking for other fun, pet friendly things to do? Check out these blog post for some ideas:
- Florida’s Fort De Soto Park and Dog Beach
- Pet Friendly Fun In Key West And The Florida Keys
- Best Pet Friendly Beaches In Florida